Interview with Alan Bagh – star of 2010 cult-classic Birdemic: Shock and Terror – currently rated 1.8 stars on IMDB [April 1st 2016]
Alan Bagh is the star of one of the most influential movies of a generation – Birdemic: Shock and Terror! It’s a thriller with a message: Take care of our planet or exploding, acid spewing, throat lacerating and…super loud computer generated birds will fuck up your shit.
During my first Birdemic party, Alan Bagh’s character ‘Rod’ wormed his way into our hearts within the first few scenes…which by the way, last a good 30 minutes and consist of mostly Rod in traffic. His name has since become one of the most memorable parts of the opening sequence (alongside the over-looped soundtrack), mostly because someone (usually me) loudly attempts to pronounce/butcher the word “Bagh” every time it appears in the titles. I still have no idea how to say it but that won’t stop me trying.
Names aside, since we’ve begun following Alan Bagh on social media we’ve had glimpses of some stuff he’s been up to, from new movies to having his IMDB tastefully edited:
I recently sat down with Alan Bagh (over e-mail) to see what he’d been up to since Birdemic 1 + 2. Despite my sometimes bizarre line of questioning, Alan was a great sport and we really appreciate him taking 30 minutes out of his working out/school/bird hunting schedule to answer these questions:
1. We were trying to place the nationality of your last name…is it Arabic? If not, where does it come from?
2. I heard in a radio interview that you met James Nguyen [Birdemic Director/Genius] in High School – what was he like back then?
I met James at a high school for an audition. I didn’t actually go to high school with him. He is a very passionate film maker.
3. What is your educational background?
A.A. Theatre Arts/Liberal Arts, Currently pursuing a B.A. in Communications at Chapman University.
4. What will you do when Donald Trump becomes president? Please note that you are welcome in Ireland.
Prepare for World War III.
5. As you know, potatoes are a typically Irish food. What brand of potato was the first Birdemic filmed on?
6. Do you have anything to say to the guy who edited your IMDB page to read “HE”S A BOSS HE”S A BOSS…etc” some time ago?
7. Were is ‘home’ for you?
8. What can we expect from Alan Bagh in future? Got anything in the works?
9. Would you ever do a ‘Greg Sestero‘ and write about your time on the set of Birdemic?
Actually, i have been working on a book about the behind the scenes of shooting Birdemic.
10. How long did it take you to answer these questions?
11. If you weren’t answering them, what would you have done instead?
School, working out, going to the beach.
12. Any chance you could send us a selfie? (bonus points for writing Hamburgers N Heroin somewhere on your person). No? No worries. Worth a shot.
Just use one of my head shots online
13. So far my friends and I have had two Birdemic parties and I’m sure Ireland plays host to many. Do you have anything to say to your Irish fans mid-Birdemic party?
Dont forget to bring your hangers!!
14. Do you accept my apologies for talking mostly about Birdemic?